Monday, June 05, 2006

When: June 10th - 7:30 am
Where: Ft. Wilderness Campground - Disney World
We will meet near the Kennel. Follow the signs to park for the Hoop-Dee-Do Review.
MapQuest Address: 4510 N Fort Wilderness Trl, Orlando, FL 32830
Mileage: 6 miles - easy pace - LOTS OF SHADE

Restrooms available. Please bring your own hydration. We will be doing stretches before and after the walk. No cellphones or ipods please.

You can RSVP here on the blog or by email (amyw3daywalk@yahoo.com). Just click the comment link under this post to RSVP here. :)

Stay Alert, Stay Alive!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Amy,
There are several walkers who live north of Orlando proper. Any chance some training walks will be scheduled up our way? I only ever see the Cady Way on Sat mornings...
Diane Firios
A Girl's Breast Friend

Amy :) said...

Thanks Diane for your comments. Where are you located at?

Please remember Orlando is a very large area and we only have 2 training walk leaders here. I try to keep walks in the beginning of training centrally located to get as many walkers as possible. As distance increases I look for areas that offer more mileage, restrooms and break areas.

If there are several walkers in your area, perhaps you all could carpool to some training walks.

I will look into other areas north of Orlando but I can't make any promises. I believe there is a training walk leader in Deltona if that helps. Plus we can always use more TWLs.

Anonymous said...

Hi Amy,

Thanks for your response.

I live in Casselberry, and I am thinking that there are about 3 others that live here, and north of me.



What is involved in becoming a twl? Can the coaches get a list of people by area, so I would know if there is enough interest?



I will be there Sat am, but is such an expense!



See you in the morning!

Diane